Earlier this year, I had an ache in my soul. Ever had that? It’s a feeling that something isn’t right. Like an itch that you can’t scratch or a dress that doesn’t fit right. I sat with my heart to tune into its whisperings. At first, the answers came little by little, each day I kept asking – “What do you need from me?’ After a week, my soul began to bring forth clarity and a whole lot of surprises.
Oh, Lordy did that mean change, big change!
Thankfully I have a husband who totally trusts in my intuitive hunches, (sometimes even more than I do). Before too long, we packed our house in beautiful country Victoria and moved up north where the sun shines every day!
You see, my heart had a deep burning desire to create something incredible for my tribe (you!) – to express more of my soul’s wisdom into the world but I had no idea how this actually looked.
So as I began to ask my intuition for a little more detail, I heard –
“If you really want to live your soul’s purpose, (and do the work you’re born to do) you need to step into the spotlight and own your place in the *sun*.”
When I began practising as a Kinesiologist (in 2010), I focused my attention on mastering the healing frequency and seeing beautiful clients. I relied solely on manifestation principles and the feminine energy (yin) to attract my clients and build my business. It worked and my business thrived from the start. Clients came in mostly from word of mouth and before too long my booking schedule was at capacity.
I also invested very little time and energy in marketing or business strategy. My website could barely be found, and as for social media – zilch, nada, zero. I had my blinkers on and focused my awareness on my cause – my message and work. Until this burning desire of mine showed up, my focused shifted outward and I had no idea just how much I’d been hiding in the shadows.
“60% of our lives are spent trying to prove we exist, the other 40% spent hiding who we truly are.” Yogi Bahrain
Amazing things happened since moving up north and into the light (like literally) I challenged the subject of visibility and checked in to see where I may have been holding myself back and sure enough, visibility was certainly pushing my buttons. When we get down to the nitty-gritty – the fear that lies beneath visibility is vulnerability.
Here’s are a few tips that work for me to find strength in my vulnerability
I had to remind myself often – being visible doesn’t equate to being a show off or up yourself! My desire to share more of myself wasn’t about being popular, loved, successful or adored but a devotion to my heart and soul. It’s completely normal for your ego to make you feel insecure, it’ll do anything to stop you from taking a “risk”. When this comes up for you, try shifting your focus to sharing your light, because your gifts are here for others to receive. By not stepping out and sharing yourself with others, you are essentially robbing them of your impact.
When we are in big stages of growth particularly in relation to being seen, and heard, your body will almost always have an undercurrent of nervous excitement. It may not always be noticeable but it can waver from feeling inspired to downright terrified. It’s important to direct this energy through the body or use it! Go for a brisk walk, write a journal, or move your body to music. Otherwise, it’ll attach itself to drama and you’ll find yourself picking fights with loved ones or doubting your dream.
Another way is to state out loud the things you feel vulnerable about and why, by naming your vulnerabilities, you bring them out into the light, this very act alone frees the nervous energy associated with them.
For example, you could state – I’m afraid of being vulnerable because – I could be a public failure, nobody will find me interesting, I’ll get hurt.
Then breathe, come back into present time.
And go again. I’m afraid ______________, and keep pouring out what you fear.
Then put on hand in your heart and ask “what is the one step I need to take in order to share more of myself with the world?” It’ll set you free, write it down or better yet, hit reply and share with me.
All my love,